SevaMela is an annual 2-day public event (free participation), taking place during the Gandhi Jayanthi week, also known as Joy of Giving Week/Daan Utsav, since the year 2010 at Hyderabad. Its aim is to create awareness and public participation in Social Service activities. Most years it has had the participation of over 100 Social Service organisations and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs of Companies and visited by a large number of public.
This year the event is being organized at GMC on 1st and 2nd of October, by Voluntary organisations and Volunteers who have engaged in supporting Public Health Institutions, especially at Gandhi Hospital. The organisers include United Care Development Services (UC), Seva Bharathi and United Way of Hyderabad. The event is being held this year at GMC to facilitate the following outcomes:
- To increase Volunteers, Voluntary Organisations and CSR involvement to support Gandhi Hospital and similar Public Health Institutions.
- Create awareness and support for free Government Hospital Services among public
- Launch the following new service initiatives at Gandhi Hospital during SevaMela
- Support services for Emergency Lab
- Swach Gandhi-Hospital Initiative
- Volunteer Blood Donation Coordinator Service
- Biomedical Equipment Bank Service
- Inauguration of Patient Attendants Waiting Facility infront of Emergency Department
The event will have the following activities to facilitate the above outcomes:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training sessions for Public
- Sign up of blood donors for Gandhi Hospital Blood Bank
- Free Hearing Screening for Adults and Elderly
- Information Stalls from Voluntary organisations to create awareness about their volunteer services
- Workshops to discuss volunteer collaboration in Public Health