Swach Mela is an event to showcase solutions on urban waste management, for residential communities and non-residential establishments, with focus on decentralised, low cost and community managed solutions. In addition, the event extends the platform to showcase initiatives on urban greencover, water conservation, water and air quality which have a synergy to the overall clean and green initiatives. The event aims to bring voice and visibility to diverse initiatives, with scope for large public participation. Volunteer Groups, Organisations, Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs) who have worked on solutions for the above issues, will present their work and also showcase and demonstrate some of the solutions at the event. Students from Schools and Colleges will be encouraged to actively participate in this event.
Visitors are also welcome to bring and donate recyclable, neat and segregated dry waste items like Papers, Plastics, Glass etc. There will be designated containers at the venue into which donors can directly deposit the appropriate dry waste items. You can also learn at the venue, information about some of these items which may not be recyclable. No clothes are to be donated at this event.
1. Demo of Composting Units -Different sizes and different designs for different users, different stages of compost with end product -Information on Compost Units Installation to Maintenance -Compost Units Cost Information -Interaction with communities who have implemented some of these solutions -Interaction with composting solution providers -Audio/Visual content on this subject -New policy proposals to enable composting on a larger scale
2. Demo of methodology of dry waste donation camps at Communities -Interaction with communities who have implemented some of these solutions -Audio/Visual content on this subject
3. Demo of non-recyclable plastic packaging brands and items
4. Information on urban green cover initiatives
5. Information on urban water quality initiatives
6. Information on water conservation initiatives
7. Information on energy conservation initiative
8. Public Transport - inputs on making it easy and popular
Volunteer Groups, Organisations, Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs) who are currently running programs on the above themes will exhibit their information through posters, short videos, interaction with key members in their teams and demonstration of any compact solutions that they can bring to the venue.